Here you can find each blog I wrote to help you write and publish your medical and scientific manuscripts. I have written almost each blog based on a specific question or problem a client presented with. The exceptions are the blogs about predatory journals and predatory meetings, those are based on my annoyance with the daily spam in my inbox. I hope these blogs are helpful to you, my page with links to practical information may be helpful as well.
- Publication process:
- Journal selection for your manuscript
- What you pay to be able to publish: Publication fees
- Predatory journals: why and how to avoid them
- The process from submission to acceptance of your manuscript
- Publication: how long does it take after submission?
- Peer review: why peer reviewers are hard to find
- How to peer review manuscripts
- After the peer review: revision of your manuscript & response to reviewers
- A list of journals for undergraduate Students
- Writing process:
- Choosing reference manager software
- Manuscript writing – changing the order
- How many versions before you submit your manuscript?
- How to write an abstract for a manuscript or conference
- How to write more articles
- Color-blind proofing your publications and grant applications
- Formatting tips for documents in APA or Chicago style
- Making a flowchart of your study
- Authorship: who should be authors on a publication and in which order
- Writing scientific articles during self-isolation
- The services I offer:
- For blogs in Dutch – voor blogs in het Nederlands:
If you are interested in obtaining a link to each new weekly blog I write you can connect with me via Linkedin, or follow the Linkedin page of EV Science Consultant as I always post the link there as well.
Please, let me know whether there are any other subjects you would like to learn more about.