Resume - Esther van de Vosse
PhD in Human Genetics, 1991-1997
Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University, the Netherlands
MSc in Biomedical Sciences, 1985-1991
Medical Faculty, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Science Consultant, Medical Writer, since February 2018
Owner at EV Science Consultant.
Assistant Professor, September 2006 – August 2017
Department of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, the Netherlands
Main interest: immunology and genetics of (myco)bacterial infections.
● Clinical research focus:
– Identification of genetic defects in patients with the immunodeficiency Mendelian susceptibility to mycobacterial disease (MSMD).
– Development of therapeutic strategies to treat MSMD patients.
● Basic research focus:
– Development of in vitro expression models to study the effects of variations and mutations in the IL-12/IFN-gamma signaling pathways
– Study the IL-12/IFN-gamma signaling pathways and the cell types involved (in healthy individuals)
– Identify genes and molecules involved in host susceptibility to (bacterial) infections.
Post-doc researcher, September 2001 – August 2006
Dept of Infectious Diseases and the Dept of Immunohematology & Blood transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Subject: Genetic basis of susceptibility to disease and disease-manifestations of infections caused by intracellular bacterial pathogens.
Post-doc researcher, February 1998 – August 2001
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, the University of Colorado at Boulder, United States
Project funded by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and UC Boulder
Subject: Identification of Drosophila melanogaster genes involved in axis formation during oogenesis.
If you are interested in discussing a new project, please email me at EVScienceConsultant@gmail.com
Alternatively, you can fill out the form to obtain more information about the services mentioned above.