Resume - Esther van de Vosse
PhD in Human Genetics, 1991-1997
Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University, the Netherlands
MSc in Biomedical Sciences, 1985-1991
Medical Faculty, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Science Consultant, Medical Writer, since February 2018
Owner at EV Science Consultant.
Assistant Professor, September 2006 – August 2017
Department of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, the Netherlands
Main interest: immunology and genetics of (myco)bacterial infections.
● Clinical research focus:
– Identification of genetic defects in patients with the immunodeficiency Mendelian susceptibility to mycobacterial disease (MSMD).
– Development of therapeutic strategies to treat MSMD patients.
● Basic research focus:
– Development of in vitro expression models to study the effects of variations and mutations in the IL-12/IFN-gamma signaling pathways
– Study the IL-12/IFN-gamma signaling pathways and the cell types involved (in healthy individuals)
– Identify genes and molecules involved in host susceptibility to (bacterial) infections.
Post-doc researcher, September 2001 – August 2006
Dept of Infectious Diseases and the Dept of Immunohematology & Blood transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Subject: Genetic basis of susceptibility to disease and disease-manifestations of infections caused by intracellular bacterial pathogens.
Post-doc researcher, February 1998 – August 2001
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, the University of Colorado at Boulder, United States
Project funded by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and UC Boulder
Subject: Identification of Drosophila melanogaster genes involved in axis formation during oogenesis.
You can read more about me here
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
If you are interested in discussing a new project, please email me at EVScienceConsultant@gmail.com
Alternatively, you can fill out the form to obtain more information about the services mentioned above.